Thursday, November 4, 2010

The White Rabbit Collection



What is The White Rabbit Collection?

The White Rabbit Collection is one of the world’s largest and most significant collections of contemporary Chinese art. Founded by Kerr and Judith Neilson, it focuses on works produced after 2000.

The origins of the Collection go back to the late 1990s, when Judith Neilson engaged Wang Zhiyuan, a Chinese artist then living in Sydney, as her art tutor. He introduced her to the astonishing explosion of creativity taking place in China in the wake of the “Opening Up” that had begun in 1989. Mrs Neilson began buying works, but soon ran out of space to hang them. She and her husband then decided to open a gallery that would make the exciting world of contemporary Chinese art available to all Australians.

The White Rabbit Gallery, a specially converted knitting factory near Sydney’s Central Station, has four floors of exhibition space as well as a theatrette, a library and a tea house. Only a fraction of the Collection is on show at any time. The entire contents of the gallery are rehung twice a year.


Email

info@whiterabbitcollection.org


Phone

+61 (02) 8399 2867


Gallery address

White Rabbit
30 Balfour Street
Chippendale NSW 2008
Australia
View on map


Postal address

White Rabbit
25 Queen Street
Chippendale NSW 2008
Australia



Feature




From the website, I could understand Chinese contemporary art a little.
and there are many artists who come from china in website that explain me to learn what is the Chinese art is.


What I like is..
Firstly, website is pretty impresive for me especially, flash menu is the most interest thing for me. when I click the banner continuously the image is changed, then shows the various feeling of Chinese arts. and I think some of paintings are shown in website represented the other paintings as well even it is just still shot to check art which is in art gallery. It helps me to understand easily what the Chinese contemporary art is.


what I hate is..
most of pictures are just Chinese contemporary art so I just see the only few of paintings that make me feel bored to see the art works. So it is just specific art to me that is typical and sometimes it looks like all of the same pattern of the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment